TN Breastfeeding Hotline Available 24/7 : 1-855-4BF-MOMS (1-855-423-6667)
Language line and Direct Interpretative services available include: Spanish, French, Arabic, and Mandarin. Available to anyone.
Every health department in Tennessee has a Designated Breastfeeding Expert (DBE). This DBE has advanced lactation training (IBCLC, CLC, CLS, or CLE) and provides assistance with any breastfeeding issues or questions. Click here to find the DBE within your community! DBEs are available to support any resident of Tennessee, at this time most are providing only telephone support, no video or in person, language line is available. Some speak Spanish.
COVID Update: All in person meetings are cancelled till further notice.
There are online meetings and you can reach out to your local leaders for over the phone support.
Davidson County Community Lactation Resources
- St. Thomas Midtown: FREE Breastfeeding Clinic – Open to community, operating by appointments only! Please call please clinic to schedule an appointment 615-284-2055. Open M/W/TH: 9am-2pm with the last appointment being at 1pm. Located at 300 20th Ave medical building, suite 703 (next to Ascension St Thomas Midtown) Click here Midtown Services
You do not have to have delivered at St Thomas to utilize this service.
Parking: you may park in the FREE parking garage that is attached to the office building (located off of State St) or you can take advantage of the FREE valet parking located at the main entrance of the building.
At this time, due to restrictions of COVID, the clinic is asking that ONLY mom and baby are present during the consultation. We do understand there are circumstances where it is not possible to come alone – there are plenty of places your support person may wait with in the building.
- Vanderbilt Hospital: FREE Mothers Milk League Breastfeeding Support Group – Open to community, no appointment needed. Meetings: Thurs. 1-3PM (615)-936-1414 Click Here Vanderbilt Services
- Meharry Medical College: FREE Prenatal Breastfeeding Education – (615)-327-5653
- Tri-Star Centennial Hospital: A Mothers Place Doctors order required. M-F: 8:00 am-4:30pm, 615-342-5650. Click Here TriStar Centennial Services
- COVID Update: Open for outpatient visits by appointment only. Please call for an appointment.
- Doctors order required, and will file to insurance the charge for this outpatient visit.
- Offer free counseling over the phone to anyone.
- Tri-Star Summit Medical Center: 615-316-4244 Click Here TriStar Summit Services
- Baby & Co.: 615-953-9704 Click Here Baby & Co Services
- Metro Nashville General Hospital: 615-341-4223
COVID Update: Most in person groups have been cancelled. Please call to check when meetings will begin again.
- Nashville Le Leche League : FREE Meetings: 4th Saturday of each month 10:30 am @ Safe Haven Family Shelter, 1234 3rd Ave S. – 615-745-9018 (Sara) or 931-308-9817 (Melinda), email: NashvilleLLL@gmail.com, Website- Nashville Le Leche League
- Hermitage Le Leche League: FREE Meetings: 2nd Friday of every month at 10AM @ Donelson Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 2914 Lebanon Pike, Hermitage – 615-883-6823 (Nita) or 615-745-9018 (Sara), email: LLLhermitage@gmail.com, Website- Hermitage Le Leche League
- Nashville Birth and Babies: FREE Weigh to go, Baby! Breastfeeding support group 855-905-BABY (2229) www.nashvillebirthandbabies.com
- Blooma Nashville Yoga: $5 fee New Mama group, Mon/Wed/Fri 12:30-1:30pm, Mondays focus on lactation support. 615-797-8064, Website- Blooma Nashville
Visit tn.gov, to find your local health dept.
WIC Clinics – Davidson County www.mphd.nashville.org
COVID Update: All WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselors are available to their local WIC participants by text and phone for support and referral.
East Health Center. 1015 East Trinity Lane, 615-862-6626
Lentz Health Center: 2500 Charlotte Ave, 615-340-5619
South Nutrition Center: 3718 Nolensville Pike 615-880-3210
Woodbine Health Center: 224 Oriel Ave 615-880-2299
TN Breastfeeding Hotline 24/7 1-855-4BF-MOMS
- Tristar Centennial Women’s Hospital, 615-342-5650
- Tristar Summit Medical Center, 615-316-4244
- Vanderbilt Women’s Education and lactation Center, 615-936-1414
- Office of Women’s health, 1-800-994-9662, 8-5, M-F
- Le Leche support near you: http://www.lllofkytn.org/find-a-leader
PUMP RENTAL/PURCHASE- Contact your insurance provider for assistance
- St Thomas Midtown Hospital Lactation Boutique, 615-284-6455
- Click Here Midtown Lactation Help
- Tristar Centennial Women’s Hospital Breastfeeding Support & Lactation Boutique, 615-342-5650, Click Here Centennial Breastfeeding Support
- Tristar summit Medical Center’s “ Best Beginnings” Lactation Boutique, 615-316-4244
- Aeroflow: www.aeroflowbreastpumps.com toll free : 888-345-1780
- Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital Champs Corner Store (615)-936-1869